In 2012 I left the UK to cycle the globe with a complete stranger. It was the adventure of a lifetime and far from the busy world I used to be in. Despite not being a natural athlete I am very determined. This stubbornness would see us ride over the Thorong-la pass in Nepal at 5416m as well as cycling from Cairo to Capetown.
32,000km later I now plan to use my experience to continue doing what I love and working with a wide variety of people to help them make positive change – both personally and in business. Before setting off on my global adventure I was Executive Director of Scottish charity, Firstport – providing business support and start up finance to social entrepreneurs.
I offer the following:
- Writing and blogging – While travelling I discovered that I loved writing. I am currently writing “The world at 15mph” about my journey and am looking at establishing a new Women’s magazine blog – Independent Legs – and completing freelance writing assignments.
- Inspirational speaker – Offering motivational talks for clubs, business and events sharing tales from life on the road.
- Business consultancy and non-executive – Working with social enterprise/not for profit sector and charity utilising my MBA and CEO experience both through direct consultancy, support agencies and the public sector. I have also been recently appointed a non-exec board member at Dumfries and Galloway College.
- Life and enterprise coaching – Bringing together work and personal experience to help others make the most of their opportunities and get over stumbling blocks.
- Cycling and travel – Having cycled over 31,305km during my three year travels I am a strong advocate of travel, cycling and taking time in the outdoors. I’m more than happy to help others plan their travels and get inspired to ride their bke.
Please contact me on the following email:
naomirjohnson at googlemail.com